The NBIP – Supporting services for Internet providers. Smarter and stronger together for a safe, secure Internet
The NBIP is an independent, non-profit organization created by and for Internet and VoIP service providers. The NBIP is an established name in the Netherlands, with more than 100 affiliated companies purchasing its services.
The main objectives of this unique initiative are to achieve the following through effective collaboration:
- make our national digital infrastructure safer
- help affiliated companies to comply with laws and regulations
By jointly purchasing facilities that individual providers only occasionally require, Internet and VoIP providers – including small and medium-sized companies – can ensure high-quality security and comply with legal obligations without large investments.
The NBIP provides two important services:
- combating DDoS attacks through NaWas, the national scrubbing center. NaWas is already a household name in the Netherlands and possesses state-of-the-art equipment. Our ambition is to become one the largest independent anti-DDoS centers in Europe in the foreseeable future.
- wiretapping services so that providers can comply with the Dutch Telecommunications Act, which requires them to ensure that their services can be tapped.
In addition to this, the NBIP is a knowledge center that conducts research and shares knowledge. The NBIP consults closely with the government in its areas of expertise.
The benefits at a glance
- Contributing jointly to a safe, secure Internet
- Making use of each other’s expertise
- Collective procurement
- No major investments by individual providers
- Powerful, state-of-the art solutions
- The more members we have, the cheaper and more powerful we are
- Sharing knowledge