LI is an abbreviation of Lawful Intercept, which roughly translates to the legal interception of, for example, internet traffic. Like all providers of public communication services, NBIP participants have a legal obligation to be tapable. Tapping systems are expensive and complex. The participants of NBIP do this “very smartly” together in order to keep costs low and availability and knowledge high. Collaboration is therefore the key to lower costs and better solutions. Together we are strong. This is your chance to be part of a very select group of engineers who, among other things, execute tap orders on a daily basis. So read on quickly and apply now.
Cybersecurity Engineer LI (Lawful Interception)
What does LI mean?
Who are we?
At the National Management Organization for Internet Providers (NBIP), we work together with our participants to realize a safer internet. As a center of expertise for DDoS Mitigation, Lawful Interception and Threat Intelligence Analysis, we provide support services to internet, hosting and cloud providers in the Netherlands and Europe! Read more
We provide our services from our Operations Center where we use the latest high-quality technology to ensure the continuity of our participants.
We have plenty of ideas and ambitions for innovative projects. We need you to realize and implement those ambitions and ideas.
What will you be doing?
- As LI engineer, you are the first point of contact for the participants of the NBIP foundation and our partners, such as the police and the department of justice. Together with your colleagues, you take care of the acceptance and analysis of judicial claims and reports and you take the administrative and technical actions that need to be taken.
- You provide support and advice when receiving claims from our participants.
- You ensure the ‘ad-hoc and/or permanent’ technical implementation of our tap systems at the various participants.
- With your knowledge and experience you contribute to an (online) platform that allows the government and the sector to stay in touch with each other at the right level.
- You help build NBIP, think about products and services, interesting research and opportunities to further develop NBIP with us.
- You participate in the duty roster
What do you bring?
You have a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional and intellectual ability
- You work accurately and according to solid procedure.
- You deem it important to keep procedures up to date.
- You have Linux skills.
- You have basic knowledge of TCP/IP and network configuration
- You must be able to read, speak and write ‘technical’ English.
- You have driving license B.
- You are honest and discreet.
What does a working day at NBIP look like?
The day starts at the office or virtually. You immediately have an overview of the NBIP team’s workload of that day. You are actively involved in the team meeting and you pay attention to whether the jobs that are assigned to you are carried out on time. Sometimes you activate a system remotely, often you have to call a technician at our participants to coordinate matters, sometimes you are configuring a piece of computer hardware and then you are back in the car on your way to a network of our participant to install something. You then update the administration at the office. You check and put the right reminders in the system and pick up the next task. There is room to innovate, learn and develop ideas. Working outside office hours is not the rule, but it can happen. Therefore a certain degree of flexibility is necessary to be able to complete tasks on time and properly.
What do we have to offer?
As part of our Operations team, you work together with colleagues to serve the public interest by making internet traffic safer and strive for the best possible service.
Our team is more than just our own people at the office. The NBIP and its services are widely supported by the internet service provider and hosting community. We are in close contact with our participants and regularly organise committees of technical people who like to exchange knowledge with us. As an employee of NBIP, you become part of a loyal and strong community that likes to help each other and deems sharing knowledge important.
- Competitive salary.
- A commute allowance and/or public transportation card.
- Excellent study and development opportunities.
- A unique opportunity to work in the technical field for a special and socially very important sector.
- A laptop.
- The possibility of hybrid working, with an office in Houten.
- Lots of responsibility and independence within your position.
- Fun, driven and professional colleagues in a close-knit team.